Before completing the maintence request form, please read the below trouble shooting guide. Completing these steps can save you money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance task as outlined below:
- Smoke Detector won't work when tested: Test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- Smoke Detector beeps: Replace battery, check for proper wire termination connection.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel or replace blown fuses. Check and rest all GFI outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an allen wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test. Repeat until the object is removed.
- No hot water: Check thermostat on tank for proper temperature setting. Check that thermostat is not set to "vacation". Check and reset breaker in power panel. Check and reset button next to thermostat.
- Hot water is too hot: Check thermostat on tank and turn down.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify Landlord immediately
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are in properly. Check that a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch is turned on (located in or near the furnace room). Did you pay your utilities or issue and order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call Landlord and discontinue use.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
- Water drips from freezer to refrigerator compartment: Remove all food and store in a cooler. Turn off refrigerator and allow to defrost. Turn refrigerator back on and replace food.
- No Air Conditioning: Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test.
- No Electricity: Check all breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position, Check all GFI in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room, and garage
By requesting this work to be completed, the resident acknowledges that if the repair is found to be due to misuse or the repair is less than the amount specified in the lease, the resident may be responsible for payment of the repair, per the lease agreement.